- 2 oz. Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz. Dry Vermouth
- 1/4 oz. Maraschino Liqueur
- 1/4 oz. Amer Picon
- Stir ingredients with ice until very cold. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Bourbon can be substituted for rye, if you prefer it, although it will result in a sweeter, less assertive drink.
- Maraschino Liqueur is not the syrup that comes in a jar of maraschino cherries. It is a robust, clear liqueur made from Maraska cherries. Luxardo is the most popular brand.
- If you don't have any Amer Picon – and you probably don't – you can substitute Torani Amer, Amaro Ramazzotti, Amaro CioCiaro, or experiment with another type of amaro.
Recipe from Professor Cocktail: professorcocktail.com