Chuck Cowdery is a bourbon expert and a member of the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame. He writes for The Whisky Advocate, WHISKY Magazine and other places. So when the man talks bourbon, he's worth listening to.
Chuck has compiled a list of 10 bourbons for beginners, and I think it's the best list of its kind that I've seen. These are great recommendations.
I'm going to list his suggestions below, but make sure to click through to Chuck's website to read his commentary.
1. Maker's Mark (Beam Inc.)
2. Knob Creek (Beam Inc.)
3. Woodford Reserve (Brown-Forman)
4. Eagle Rare Single Barrel (Sazerac)
5. Bulleit (Diageo)
6. Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage (Heaven Hill)
7. Russell's Reserve Bourbon (Campari America)
8. Ridgemont Reserve 1792 (Sazerac)
9. Four Roses (Kirin)
10. Weller 12-Year-Old (Sazerac)
I have not yet tried all of these whiskeys, but the ones I've had are excellent. Any of these would make a worth addition to your liquor cabinet.
The sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home…