With that rise in status have come challenges and expectations that demand a significant level of skill and knowledge.
Being a bartender in a quality establishment is no easy task. But where can someone new to the job — or a veteran bartender looking to improve — turn for advice?
Over the course of the next several days, Professor Cocktail will be running a series collecting the advice of some of the world’s best bartenders and experts, sharing the insights and experience that they’ve gained over the years.
As new advice is added, we’ll include links below. Don’t worry — there won’t be a quiz.
- Sother Teague, Amor y Amargo
- Angus Winchester, Global Ambassador Emeritus for Tanqueray Gin
- Dushan Zaric, The 86 Co. and Employees Only
- Alba Huerta, Julep Bar
- Dave Thor Newman, Pint and Jigger
- Jason Kosmas, The 86 Co. and Employees Only
- Jamie Boudreau, canon
- Brian MacGregor, Wingtip
- Andrew Friedman, Liberty
- Willy Shine, Will Shine Inc.
- Chris Lowder, The NoMad
- Derek Brown, The Passenger, Mockingbird Hill, and more
- H. Joseph Ehrmann, Elixir
Thank you to everyone who participated!