- 1 1/2 oz. White Rum
- 2 tsp. White Sugar
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Mint Sprigs (leaves and stems)
- In a tall glass, gently muddle two mint sprigs with sugar and lime juice. Add a small amount of club soda and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add rum and stir. Add ice cubes, then top with club soda. Stir briefly. Garnish with a mint sprig.
- This is the Cuban-style preparation -- both the stems and leaves of the mint are used,
- Simple syrup (3/4 to 1 oz.) can be substituted for the white sugar, if desired.
- For best results, use a dry Cuban-style rum such as Caña Brava, Flor de Caña Extra Dry, or Ron Matusalem Platino
Recipe from Professor Cocktail: professorcocktail.com